How to apply
- All candidates who wish to apply in response to this advertisement within the CLOSING DATE will be assigned Roll numbers which will be placed on the website of the concerned Regional Office about two weeks before the date of the examination.
- A candidate must write his/her Roll number along with his/her name, date of birth and name of the examination while addressing any communication to the concerned Regional Office of the Commission. Communication from the candidate not furnishing these particulars shall not be entertained.
- Admission Certificates (ACs) for the Examination indicating the time table and also venues of examination for each candidate will be placed on the website of the concerned Regional Office about two weeks before the date of examination. It will not be sent by post. If any candidate is unable to download his admission certificate for the examination one week before the date of examination, he/ she must immediately contact the concerned Regional/ Sub-Regional Office(s) of the commission with details such as registration ID, transaction ID of SBI, copy of challan etc for obtaining the admission certificates. Failure to do so will deprive him/ her of any claim for consideration.
- The photographs used by the candidates must be a recent with relaxed face, and the picture should be in colour, against a light-coloured, preferably white background. If flash is used then ensure that there should be no red-eye and, in case of glasses, eyes should be visible. The face should not cover less than 80% of the entire photo. Photograph should be of JPG format and its size should be between 4kB to 20kB.
- It is compulsory to carry at least one original Photo ID such as Voter’s ID, Adhar Card, Driving License, ID cards issued by Government or other Offices where the candidates may be working. Candidates without such ID cards will not be allowed entry into the examination halls venue.
- Candidates must bring 3 passport size photographs for affixing it in the Commission’s copy of Admission Certificate in the presence of Invigilator, if required. Candidates not carrying photographs will not be allowed to appear in the examination. Candidates are advised to keep 10 copies of the same photograph, which was uploaded/ affixed in the application form, with them till the completion of entire examination process.
- Applications with illegible/blurred photograph and/or signature will be rejected.
Filling online application
- Please read the instruction given in the Notice of Examination and also given below carefully before filling up the application form, in your own interest.
- Instructions have been given for most items in the application itself which should be gone through carefully before filling up the boxes. For items for which instructions are not available, further instructions given below may be gone through carefully.
- Please go through the instructions given below for filling up each item numbered in the application form:
- Column 1 and 2: Name of the Examination Centre and Centre Code (Refer to para-8 of the Notice of the Examination.)
- Column 13.1 – Code for seeking age relaxation (Refer to para 4 (B) of the Notice of the Examination)
- Column 15 : Candidates may indicate whether they belong to one of the minority communities notified by Govt. namely, Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists or Zoroastrians (Parsees).
- Column 16. Preference for Posts (Refer point 17 on page 17 of the Notice of the Examination.)
- Column 19. Educational Qualification from Degree or Equivalent onwards: See Annexure–X for Codes. Use OTHERS (Code No. 35) for any other qualification. (Subject Code: See Annexure – XI for codes. Use OTHERS (code No.48) for other subjects. If marks are not available (some universities use grades), equivalent marks may be filled or marks column may be left blank.)
- Column 19.1: Please see para-14 of the notice.
- Column 21: Address for communication (Write your complete communication address including your Name in English in capital letters. Do not forget to write 6 digits PIN code in the boxes. All the correspondence will be made to this address. E-mail IDs/ Mobile numbers are used for communicating with the candidates in emergencies. It is in the interest of the candidates to furnish these details.)
- Column 22: Permanent Address: Write your complete permanent address including your Name in English capital letters. Do not forget to write 6 digits PIN in the boxes.
- Column 23: Photograph: The digital size of the file of the photograph must be more than 4kB and less than 20 kB.
- Column 24: Signature of Candidate: The Signature must be uploaded in JPG format. The digital size of the signature file must be more than 1-12 kB.
NOTE: Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form, once submitted will not be entertained under any circumstances.
Procedure for submission of the application
On-line application will be available w.e.f. 22-04-2017 to 15-05-2017 (upto 5.00 PM)
- The Commission has devised a simplified format for the online application procedure. In the process candidates may register once and may apply for any examination conducted by SSC.
- One-time registration is the permanent database of candidates. The Registration ID and password provided by the system should be kept safely so that it can be used for applying to any examination conducted by SSC. The registration facility is available to the candidates throughout the year on website http://ssc.nic.in. The registered candidates may log into the system and can proceed for application filling. The facility of online application (including payment of fees through SBI net banking/ Credit or debit cards of any banks) will be available from 22.04.2017 to 15.05.2017 (upto 5.00 PM). However, candidates who wish to make the payment through challan of SBI, may make the payment to designated branches of SBI within the working hours of bank up to 18.05.2017 provided the challan has been generated by them before 5.00 PM of 15.05.2017.
- The online submission of the application may be made at website http://ssconline.nic.in. Candidate should read the instructions in this Notice carefully before making any entry or selecting options. Candidate should provide all the required details while filling up the online form. Mandatory fields are marked with * (asterisk) sign. The filling of online application contains two parts: Registration Part (In case not registered earlier) and Application Part.
- In Registration Part, candidates will have to fill basic information and upload their photograph and signature. On submission of these details, candidates shall be prompted to check the details and make any correction in the registration.
- Then a candidate can proceed to fill online application with Registration ID and password provided in the one-time registration process. The application procedure is incomplete without application part. Application part requires filling of information about choice of centres, education qualification, post preference, making payment of examination fee, etc.
- To pay fee in cash, candidates should take print-out of the challan generated online after completion of Application Part and deposit the requisite fee in designated branch of State Bank of India and then continue within the stipulated date and time.
- Request for change/ correction in any particulars in the Application Form shall not be entertained under any circumstances. The Staff Selection Commission will not be responsible for any consequences arising out of non acceptance of any correction/ addition/ deletion in any particular filled in application form whatever the reasons may be.
- The application form without photograph/ signature or with Blurred photograph/ signature or incomplete in any manner will be rejected summarily.
-- Share with your friends! --