Questions on ‘General Intelligence and Reasoning’ will be non-verbal considering the functions attached to the post. Questions on Numerical Aptitude and General English will be simple and matriculation level. Questions on General Awareness will be also of similar standard.
A. General Intelligence:
It would include questions of non-verbal type.
The test will include questions on
- Similarities and differences,
- Space visualization,
- Problem solving and analysis,
- Judgment and decision making,
- Visual memory,
- Discriminating observation,
- Relationship concepts,
- Figure classification,
- Arithmetical number series,
- Non-verbal series etc.
The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
B. English Language:
- Basics of English Language,
- Sentence structure,
- Antonyms and its correct usage
C. Numerical Aptitude:
- Number Systems,
- Computation of Whole Numbers,
- Decimals and Fractions
- Relationship between Numbers,
- Fundamental arithmetical operations,
- Ratio and Proportion,
- Profit and Loss,
- Use of Tables and Graphs,
- Time and Distance,
- Ratio and Time,
- Time and Work, etc.
D. General Awareness:
- Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society.
- Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person.
- The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially,
- Economic scene,
- General Polity (Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.)
These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
Note: For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability and opting for SCRIBE there will be no component of Maps/Graphs/Diagrams/Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning / General Awareness Paper.
- The Paper will be set in English and Hindi and to the extent possible in other languages mentioned in the 8th Schedule of the Constitution
- This paper will test basic language skills to with the educational qualification prescribed for the post.
- Candidates will be required to write one short essay/letter in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of Constitution.
-- Share with your friends! --