JUNE 2018-PERSONS IN NEWS
- S. Ramesh, IRS has taken over as Chairman, Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs [CBIC], on superannuation of Smt. Vanaja N. Sarna.
- Prior to his elevation, he was Member (Administration) in the Board.
Girish Chandra Chaturvedi
- On 29 June ICICI bank appointed Girish chandra as additional (independent) director effective July 1, 2018 for a period of 3 years.
- The bank, in a notification to the exchanges, also said that it has named Chaturvedi as non-executive part-time chairman subject to the approval of shareholders.
- Current chairman MK Sharma will retire this month-end.
- The board of ICICI Bank has appointed Sandeep Bakhshi whole-time director and chief operating officer (COO) to run the affairs of the private lender.
- Chanda Kochhar, managing director (MD) & chief executive officer (CEO) will be on leave, pending the probe.
- The changes come amid allegations of a quid pro quo in transactions between Videocon Industries, Kochhar and her husband Deepak Kochhar’s company NuPower Renewables.
- The bank board has appointed former Supreme Court judge B N Srikrishna to probe allegations of conflict of interest against Kochhar.
- He will be aided by a number of internal and external ‘experts’ to complete the investigation.
- The bank said Bakhshi’s appointment as COO will be for a period of five years, subject to regulatory approvals.
- Mahesh Kumar Jain has been appointed as Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India for a term of three years.
- Presently, he is the Managing Director and CEO of IDBI Bank.
- Before this role in IDBI, Mahesh Kumar Jain was the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Indian Bank.
Hope you have liked this post.
Please share it with your friends through below links.
All the very best from Team Studyandscore
“Study well, Score more…”
- Share with your friends! -