FEBRUARY 2019-AWARDS AND HONOURS
R-Day Parade: Gorkha Brigade wins best marching contingent award Press Trust of India
- The CRPF won the best marching contingent prize among the para-military and other auxiliary forces.
- In the category of tableaux representing Union ministries and departments, the best tableau award went jointly to the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) and the Indian Council for Agricultural Research (ICAR).
- The Central Public Works Department (CPWD) was given a special award for its tableau showcasing the non-violent struggle by Mahatma Gandhi.
- The tableau was crafted with natural flowers
- Among the states, Tripura's Republic Day tableau depicting Gandhian way of fuelling rural economy won the first prize followed by Jammu and Kashmir's tableau showcasing the state's composite culture and ethnic diversity.
- Among performances by schoolchildren, the Navy Children School, Chanakyapuri, Delhi was awarded the top prize.
Kleinman Center for Energy Policy at the University of Pennsylvania awards 4th annual Carnot Prize to Union Minister Shri Piyush Goyal.
- He will receive as part of the 2018 Carnot Prize; will be donated to the International Solar Alliance to institute the Diwakar Award.
- The 2018 Carnot Prize is recognition of India’s efforts towards eliminating energy poverty with sustainable energy solutions.
- The rural electrification drive helped in achieving ‘24x7 Affordable, Environment Friendly Power for all’, as India eliminated decades of darkness in more than 19,000 villages on 28th April, 2018.
- The Carnot Prize recognises India’s “solid footing to reach a 40% renewable mix by 2030” (Kleinman Center for Energy Policy).
Tamil Nadu bags Swasth Bharat Yatra award for ‘best performance.
- Among all the states that participated in the Swasth Bharat Yatra organised by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) in commemoration of the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- The Swastha Bharat Yatra award was received by State Health Minister C. Vijaya Baskar from Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Union Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare.
- In Tamil Nadu, Madurai and Sivakasi were also recognized as the ‘Best Performing Cities.
Refugee wins the Australia’s richest literary Award 2019.
Samith Ramachandran, Vice president & Head of Products, Uniphore Software Systems receives the Aegis Graham Bell Award 2019 from Ameya Abhyankar, Secretary, Department of Information Technology, and Government of Goa.
Aegis Graham Bell Award 2019 announced Uniphore as winner in “Innovation in Data Science” category for their innovation ''auMina'' Uniphore’s strong IP building and products’ focus in the field of AI and Data Science has earned its due recognition.
auMina, our flagship product is enabled with real-time analytics, customer intent detection and agent alerts and it provides the best-in-class conversational AI solutions for enterprises.
Health Minister confers 'Award of Appreciation' to Rajiv Nath of AIMED for his contribution to global healthcare.
Rajiv Nath was honored for his valuable, remarkable and outstanding achievements in the field of healthcare & community services for affordable Medtech access & patients safety initiatives.
Rajiv Nath is also the Jt. Managing Director of Hindustan Syringes & Medical Devices Ltd.
Rajiv Nath has also been appointed as the Member on Board of National Medical Devices Promotion Council by Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) to boost the Indian Medical Devices Sector and lead India to an export-driven market in the Medical Devices sector.
India bags the Award of Excellence for ‘Best in Show’ at New York Times Travel Show 2019.
- The largest travel show in North America, held from 25th – 27th January in New York, USA.
- Shri Yogendra Tripathi, Secretary, Ministry of Tourism receives the Award of Excellence.
- The Ministry of Tourism, Government of India participated as the ‘Presenting Partner’ in the New York Times Travel Show (NYTTS 2019) with a view to scale up its tourism promotional efforts in the US, enhance India’s visibility and to increase its share of US Outbound travel market.
Manipur filmmaker Aribam Shyam Sharma to return Padma Shri in protest against Citizenship Bill.
- The 83-year-old filmmaker made the decision less than a week after families of around 855 martyrs of the antiforeigners Assam Agitation of 1979-85 returned the citation that the Sarbananda Sonowal government had given them in 2016.
- The Bill seeks to fast-track the process of granting citizenship to non-Muslims from Afghanistan, Bangladesh and Pakistan who came to India till December 31, 2014, allegedly because of religious persecution.
- Mr. Sharma had bagged several national awards for iconic films such as ‘Imagi Ningthem’ (My Precious Son, 1981), ‘Ishanou’, and ‘Sangai – The Dancing Deer’ in more than 40 years of experimenting with the medium.
- He is credited with having revolutionised cinema in Manipur during the 1970s.
Uniphore Software Systems Secures Prestigious Aegis Graham Bell Award 2019.
- Samith Ramachandran, Vice president & Head of Products, Uniphore Software Systems receives the Aegis Graham Bell Award 2019 from Ameya Abhyankar, Secretary, Department of Information Technology, and Government of Goa.
- Aegis Graham Bell Award 2019 announced Uniphore as winner in “Innovation in Data Science” category for their innovation ''auMina'' Uniphore’s strong IP building and products’ focus in the field of AI and Data Science has earned its due recognition.
- auMina, our flagship product is enabled with real-time analytics, customer intent detection and agent alerts and it provides the best-in-class conversational AI solutions for enterprises.
NFDC to be felicitated by MSME ministry for promotion of SC/ST entrepreneurs
The National Film Development Corporation (NFDC) has been named a winner under the 'miniratna' category by the Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises.
The NFDC, incorporated in the year 1975, was formed by the government with the primary objective of planning and promoting an organised, efficient and integrated development of the Indian film industry.
The primary activities of NFDC are Film Production – 100% finance for debutant directors & Co-Production with Foreign & Indian Film Makers, Promoting Indian Films at various International Film Festivals and markets in India and abroad, NFDC’s Film Bazaar has now become one of the leading platforms for promoting & showcasing Indian cinema to the world.
NFDC is now positioned as a 360-degree integrated media service provider for the creation and dissemination of advertising communication across various electronic platforms.
President presents 2017 Sangeet Natak Akademi Awards to 42.
The awards for 2017 to 42 artists from the fields of music, dance, theatre, traditional/ folk/ tribal music/ dance/ theatre and puppetry The award carries with it Rs 100,000, a 'tamrapatra' and an 'angavastram' In the field of music include Lalith J. Rao (Hindustani vocal), Umakant and Ramakant Gundecha (Hindustani vocal).
In the field of dance include Rama Vaidyanathan (Bharatanatyam), Shobha Koser (Kathak).
Abhiram Bhadakamkar (playwriting), Sunil Shanbagh (direction), Bapi Bose (direction) were awarded for theatre.
Anwar Khan Manganiyar (Rajasthan), Ramchandra Majhi (Bihar), Parvathy Baul (Baul, West Bengal) were awarded for folk music.
Vijay Verma and Sandhya Purecha were awarded for their overall contribution/scholarship in the performing arts
SBI UK chief awarded 'Freedom of the City of London'.
The State Bank of India’s UK head Sanjiv Chadha has been honored with the ‘Freedom of the City of London’ award in recognition of his contribution to promoting the bilateral relations.
Sanjiv Chadha was nominated for the honour by Lord Mayor of London Peter Estlin and Sheriff Vincent Keaveny.
Sanjiv Chadha took up the position at the helm of the 98-year-old London office of the State Bank of India in 2014.
He was instrumental in expanding the bank’s presence across the UK, and in boosting wider bilateral ties in financial services.
Sanjiv Chadha was an excellent voice leading the Indian banking community and overseeing significant investment into the City.
P.S. Krishnan is to receive K. Veeramani Awardfor Social Justice 2018.
Dravidar Kazhagam leader Veeramani will felicitate the awards at a function in New Delhi.
Krishnasamy Veeramani was born on December 2, 1933 in Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu.
He is referred to as K.V is the President of the Dravidar Kazhagam, a Social Revolutionary Movement centered in Tamil Nadu.
He is the Chancellor of Periyar Maniammai University.
Periyar International Inc., (USA) gives an annual award for outstanding contributions to Social Justice, which is named his honor. Mr. V.P. Singh, former Prime Minister of India, was the first recipient of the award.
K. Veeramani is an Honorary Associate of Rationalist International
92-Year-Old Bengal Priest Father Franois Laborde Gets France's Highest Civilian Honour
He was conferred the Legion d'Honneur, the highest civilian award of France, in recognition of his work for speciallyabled children.
He was entitled by the French Ambassador to India, Alexandre Ziegler.
He is the third person from the state to have been awarded the Legion of Honor after film maestro Satyajit Ray and actor Soumitra Chatterjee.
While Satyajit Ray was awarded in 1987, his favorite actor got the honour last year.
Sena medals to 92 army men, including Lance Naik Wani
Lieutenant General Ranbir Singh, GOC-in-C, Northern Command presented 76 medals for Gallantry as well as 7 medals for distinguished service awards to officers, 8 medals for vishist sena.
Lance Naik Nazir Ahmed Wani was presented Bar to Sena Medal along with officers and jawans, who were presented 76 sena medals for gallantry besides 15 sena medals and Vishisht sena medals for distinguished services impressive investiture ceremony at Udhampur Wani is a recipient of Ashok Chakra, the nation’s highest peacetime award.
The brave soldier laid down his life while combating terrorists at Batagund village in Jammu and Kashmir’s Shopian in November 2018.
Lance Naik Wani was conferred with Bar to Sena Medal (Gallantry) which was received by his wife on his behalf.
Deepa Mehta to receive Lifetime Achievement Award from Academy of Canadian Cinema & Television.
Mehta is best known for her Elements Trilogy - 'Fire', 'Earth' and 'Water'.
The Canadian Screen Awards are awards given annually by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television recognizing excellence in Canadian film, English-language television, and digital media productions.
The director has previously received the Governor General's Performing Arts Award for Lifetime Artistic Achievement in 2012 and she was also named to the Order of Ontario and appointed to the Order of Canada in 2013.
She was inducted into the Canadian Walk of Fame in 2016.
Mehta is currently working on Netflix series Leila.
BAFTA Awards 2019 Announced: Complete List Of Winners
- It was a win-win for period dramas at the 2019 British Academy Film Awards as the 18th century-set "The Favorite" won seven honours, and the Mexican black and white drama "Roma" registered four big wins.
- At the ceremony hosted by Joanna Lumley at the Royal Albert Hall.
- Best Film: "Roma"
- Best Director: Alfonso Cuarón, "Roma"
- Best Leading Actor: Rami Malek, "Bohemian Rhapsody"
- Best Leading Actress: Olivia Colman, "The Favourite"
- Best Supporting Actor: Mahershala Ali, "Green Book"
- Best Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz, "The Favourite"
- Best Original Screenplay: "The Favourite"
- Best Adapted Screenplay: "BlacKkKlansman"
- Best Animated Film: "Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse"
- Outstanding British Film: "The Favourite"
- Outstanding Debut by a British Writer, Director or Producer: "Beast," Michael Pearce and Lauren Dark.
- Best Film Not in the English Language: "Roma"
- Best Documentary: "Free Solo"
- Best Original Music: "A Star Is Born"
- Best Cinematography: "Roma"
- Best Sound: "Bohemian Rhapsody"
- Best Makeup and Hair: "The Favourite"
- Best Costume Design: "The Favourite"
- Best Production Design: "The Favourite"
- Best Editing: "Vice"
- Best British Short Film: "73 Cows"
- Best British Short Animation: "Roughhouse"
- Best Special Visual Effects: "Black Panther"
- EE Rising Star Award: Letitia Wright
- Outstanding British Contribution to Cinema: Elizabeth Karlsen and Stephen Woolle
Grammy Awards 2019 winners: The complete list
- Childish Gambino’s ‘This Is America’ won four awards and Lady Gaga’s ‘Shallow’ from the movie ‘A Star Is Born’ won two
- Record of the Year :This Is America – Childish Gambino
- Album of the Year Golden Hour – Kacey Musgraves
- Song of the Year :This Is America –(Childish Gambino)
- Best New Artist :Dua Lipa
- Best Rock Song Masseduction – Jack Antonoff and Annie Clark, songwriters (St. Vincent)
- Best R&B Performance Best Part – H.E.R. featuring Daniel Caesar
- Best R&B Album H.E.R. – H.E.R.
- best Country Album Golden Hour – Kacey Musgraves producer of the Year, Non–Classical Pharrell Williams
- Best Comedy Album Equanimity & the Bird Revelation – Dave Chappelle
- Best Folk Album All Ashore – Punch Brothers Best Children’s Album All the Sounds – Lucy Kalantari & the Jazz Cats
- Best Comedy Album Equanimity & The Bird Revelation, Dave Chappelle
- Producer Of The Year, Classical Blanton Alspaugh
Yes Bank Wins The Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018
- Aegis Graham Bell Award 2018 announced Yes Bank as the winner in ‘Innovation in Data Science’ category for their industry-first project ‘Yes EEE (Engage Enrich Excel)’ at Panaji, Goa.
- It was hosted by the Government of Goa.
- Aegis Graham Bell Awards (AGBA) Promotes innovations and entrepreneurship in the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) domain.
- Yes Bank Limited is India's fourth largest private sector bank, founded by Rana Kapoor and Ashok Kapur in 2004
Mukesh Ambani tops Hurun India Philanthropy list 2018.
- Mukesh Ambani and family donated Rs. 437 crore from October 2017 to September 2018.
- The total Indian philanthropy amount stood at Rs. 1,560 crore between October 1, 2017, and September 30, 2018.
- This list is compiled by Hurun Research Institute and in the list, only those individuals are ranked who donated Rs. 10 crore or more in last one year Ambani also donated Rs. 71 crore in cash and supplies for Kerala flood rehabilitation.
- The money was donated to the flood-stricken state to support the citizens during the natural calamity.
Renowned Indian historian, Sanjay Subrahmanyam has been awarded Israel’s prestigious Dan David Prize 2019.
- For his work on encounters between Asians, Europeans and indigenous and colonial Americans.
- Mr. Subrahmanyam, son of strategic analyst K Subrahmanyam and brother of former foreign secretary S.Jaishankar, won the award in the category of ''past time dimension'' for his work in macro
- History Kenneth Pomeranz, another well-known historian is sharing the $1 million prize with Subrahmanyam. Pomeranz is a professor at the University of Chicago.
- The international Dan David Prize is awarded annually to those who have made outstanding accomplishments in fields representing the past, present and future of human achievement.
- The recipients in the "Past" category are generally drawn from the fields of history, archaeology, paleontology and biography; the "Present" from arts, media, policy and economics; and the "Future" from one of the exact or natural sciences
John Morris Ajax Fire Engine bags ''Statesman Challenger'' trophy in the Statesman 53rd edition Vintage car rally.
- The Fire engine preserved at National Rail Museum (Delhi), is the only one of its kind in the world fitted with original Shrewsbury and Challiner solid tyres This fire engine is regularly bagging the trophies across various categories every year.
- National Rail Museum is participating in this rally since 1981.
- Till 2013, it has always awarded with the Statesman Challenge trophy and post 2013, it has been honored with Indian Oil Trophy for the oldest vehicle participated in Rally.
- This elite vehicle has always been a talk of town and centre of attraction among automobile lovers.
- This fire engine was built by the famous fire engineers M/s. John Morris and Sons Ltd., of Salford, Manchester, in 1914 and marketed in the collaboration with Belsize motors Ltd., of Clayton, Manchester.
- One of the earliest lots was sold to the Nizam’s State Railway.
Siddhartha Lal, managing director and chief executive officer, Eicher Motors, has been awarded the EY Entrepreneur of the Year for 2018.
- 45 year-old, Siddhartha Lal has led an impressive transformation at Eicher Motors since he took over the reins in 2006, helping the company resurrect the Royal Enfield motorcycle brand in India and establishing it as a global brand icon.
- EOY is a global business award program which is celebrated across 60 countries.
- Azim Premji, Chairman of Wipro was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award for putting the Indian information technology industry on the global map and for his laudable contributions to society as a philanthropist.
- Kishore Biyani, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Future Group, was conferred the Business Transformation category award for his visionary leadership and bold business journey of transforming the Indian retail industry.
- Byju Raveendran of Think & Learn (BYJU'S) was conferred the start-up category award.
- Ritesh Agarwal of Oravel Stays (OYO Hotels and Homes) was named the winner in the services category.
- Bhaskar Bhat of Titan Company was named as the Entrepreneurial CEO of the year.
‘Napalm Girl’ in Iconic Vietnam War Photo Wins German Prize for Peace Work
- Kim Phuc Phan Thi receives the international peace prize at the Semper Opera in Dresden, Germany.
- It has been nearly five decades since Kim Phuc Phan Thi was captured on camera, at the age of nine, naked and fleeing a South Vietnamese attack that left her severely burned.
- The woman who became known as “Napalm Girl” was awarded one of the world’s most prestigious honors, the Dresden Peace Prize, for her work as an activist.
- The 55-year-old, who now lives in Canada, is the founder of the Kim Phuc Foundation, an organization dedicated to supporting the work of international organizations that provide free medical assistance to children who are victims of war and terrorism.
- She has also been designated by UNESCO as a goodwill ambassador for culture of peace.
Bradley Cooper Just Won PETA’s Best Director ‘Oscat’ For His Dog Casting In ‘A Star Is Born’.
- Bradley Cooper may have been snubbed for an Oscar nomination this year for directing duties on A Star is Born, but People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) saw him worthy of an exclusive award.
- PETA recognized Cooper “for his enlightened decision to cast his own canine companion in A Star is Born rather than using one supplied by a notorious animal exhibitor''.
- Cooper cast Charlie as his dog in the self-directed musical drama also starring Lady Gaga because they already had the bond he wanted portrayed on the big screen.
- Bradley Cooper picked up nominations in the best actor, best adapted screenplay and best picture categories, with the film getting 8 nominations in total.
Bharat Ratna, Padma awards cannot be used as titles: Government
- Bharat Ratna, Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri "do not amount to titles within the meaning of Article 18(1) of the Constitution and thus are not to be used as prefixes or suffixes to the name of the recipient in any manner whatsover".
- In case of any misuse, the defaulter shall forfeit the national award conferred on him or her by following the procedure laid down in regulation 10 related to creation of these awards.
- Regulation 10 states that the president may cancel and annul the awards of the decoration to any person and thereupon his or her name shall be erased from the register and the awardee shall be required to surrender it.
- As many as 38 personalities have been awarded with Bharat Ratna, country's highest civilian award, since 1955 when it was instituted to recognize the work of people in politics, science, space, education, medicine and other areas.
Sportstar Aces Awards: Badminton legend Prakash Padukone wins Lifetime Achievement Award for his contribution to badminton
- An Arjuna and Padma Shri awardee, Padukone won a bronze medal at the 1974 Asian Games, gold at the 1979 Commonwealth Games and became the first Indian to win the All England Championships in 1980.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Prakash Padukone
- Chairman’s Choice Special Recognition Award: Cheteshwar Pujara
- Sportsman of the Year (Cricket): Virat Kohli and Jasprit Bumrah
- Sportswoman of the Year (Cricket): Smriti Mandhana
- Sportsman of the Year (Other Team Sport): Sunil Chhetri
- Sportswoman of the Year (Other Team Sport): Gurjit Kaur
- Sportsman of the Year (Other Individual Sport): Bajrang Punia
- Sportswoman of the Year (Other Individual Sport): MC Mary Kom
- Sportsman of the Year (Olympic Sport): Neeraj Chopra
- Sportswoman of the Year (Olympic Sport): Hima Das
- Sportsperson of the Year (Motorsport): KP Aravind
- Young Athlete of the Year (Male ): Saurabh Chaudhary
- Young Athlete of the Year (Female): Manu Bhaker
- Para-Athlete Sportsman of the Year: Manoj Sarkar and Suyash Jadhav
- Para-Athlete Sportswoman of the Year: Deepa Malik
- Coach of the Year: Massimo Costantini (Table Tennis)
- Best State for Promotion of Sports: Odisha
Hope you have liked this post.
Please share it with your friends through below links.
All the very best from Team Studyandscore
“Study well, Score more…”
- Share with your friends! -