FEBRUARY 2019-PERSON IN NEWS
ICICI Bank sacks Chanda Kochhar.
- An internal probe conducted by the ICICI Bank has faulted its former CEO and managing director Chanda Kochhar for violating the bank's code of conduct.
- The ICICI Bank has now decided to treat that "separation" as "termination for cause" and has asked Chanda Kochhar to return all bonuses paid between April 2009 and March 2018.
- The probe, which was led by Justice B.N. Srikrishna, was in relation to the ICICI-Videocon loan case.
- An activistshareholder had alleged that the ICICI Bank lent Rs. 3,250 crore to Venugopal Dhoot's Videocon Group.
Tulsi Gabbard officially launched her 2020 presidential campaign with a rally in her home state (Hawaii)
Ms Gabbard, the first Hindu to be elected to US Congress.
Ms Gabbard, 37, is the eighth Democrat to have declared.
She cast her 2020 race as a project to oppose "powerful, self-serving politicians and greedy corporations" and return "dignity, honor, and respect to the presidency''.
Donald Trump Nominates a senior Treasury official David Malpass for World Bank President
- Mr. Malpass, a senior official in the Treasury Department, is a controversial choice, owing to his views on multilateralism, multilateral organizations including the World Bank.
- David Malpass, has formally been confirmed as the U.S.’ choice to head the World Bank If voted by the Directors of the World Bank Group, he would replace Jim Yong Kim as the president of the World Bank, a position which has traditionally been held by Americans.
PrajneshGunneswaran breaks into top-100 of men's singles Tennis rankings
- Prajnesh is only third Indian player to break into the top-100 barrier in the past decade after Somdev Devvarman and Yuki Bhambri.
- In the doubles, Rohan Bopanna stayed put at 37 and was followed by his partner DivijSharan at 39.
- In the Women’s Tennis Association charts, AnkitaRaina continues to be country’s top singles player at number 165.
DHFL CEO Harshil Mehta resigns
- However, he would continue to be associated with the company and shall hold the designation of Executive President -Retail Business with effect from February 14, 2019.
- Besides, the board has recommended appointment of Sunjoy Joshi as an Independent Director and Srinath Sridharan as a Non-Executive Director.
- Recently, Cobrapost alleged that Dewan Housing Finance Corporation Ltd (DHFL) through layers of shell companies allegedly siphoned off Rs. 31,000 crore out of the total bank loans of Rs. 97,000 crore.
Derrick Pereira named coach of India U-23 football team
- Derrick Pereira was named head coach of the India under-23 team for the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) qualifiers slated to be held in Tashkent from March 22.
- Besides India, the other teams in the group are Tajikistan and Pakistan Former Indian national team coach Stephen Constantine, who was in charge of the U-23 team, has decided to step down after the AFC Asian Cup as the country was eliminated from the group stage.
Life-size portrait of Atal Bihari Vajpayee unveiled by the President
- President Ram Nath Kovind will unveil the portrait in the Central Hall of Parliament House in the presence of Vice President Venkaiah Naidu and Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Ministers and leaders of various parties are expected to mark their presence during the event.
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee became the Prime Minister for the first time in 1996 for 13 days, then for 13 months from 1998 to 1999, and then from 1999 to 2004
- He died on August 16, 2018 at the age of 93 years after a prolonged illness.
- The decision to install the portrait of the Bharat Ratna was taken on December 18 at a meeting of Parliament's Portrait Committee chaired by Sumitra Mahajan.
- The portrait was made by Krishna Kanhai.
Hope you have liked this post.
Please share it with your friends through below links.
All the very best from Team Studyandscore
“Study well, Score more…”
- Share with your friends! -